Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Competency 8.1

Competency 8.1: Prepare data for use in LightSIDE and use LightSIDE to extract a wide range of feature types.

For the purpose of this exercise, I created a simple data set of three types of plants: vegetables, fruits and flowers. I classified text (taken from Wikipedia) based on the three categories. It looked like this:


I loaded my input csv file into LightSIDE and extracted basic features like unigrams and bigrams first. Then I checked different basic features and extracted their feature sets.


I saved all the feature sets for building models later using alternative feature spaces. 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. Elearning localization services

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool stuff you have got and you keep update each of us. It is very important to have accurate knowledge about your health. There must be some professional medical translation service provider which help us to understand more about our health so we can perform medical tasks more precisely. medical translation agency

    ReplyDelete

All materials are based on the EdX course - Data, Analytics and Learning
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.