Monday, December 8, 2014

Competency 7.3/ Assignment

Building a simple text classification experiment - Training and evaluating a simple predictive model


I used LightSIDE tool as explained by Dr. Carolyn to run a simple classification experiment. The tool is easy to use and straightforward if we follow the steps. 

In the Extract Features pane, I loaded the NewsgroupTopic dataset from the sample data directory in LightSIDE. I selected Unigram and Bigram features and clicked on Extract. I then saved the feature space for later use.



In the Build Models pane, I used the recently created feature table. I selected Naive Bayes as the learning plugin, set the number of folds to be 20 for cross-validation and clicked on Train. 


I got Accuracy 58% and Kappa = 0.44 for the model as given in the assignment, which means my steps were correct :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All materials are based on the EdX course - Data, Analytics and Learning
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.